Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Addendum to the hairspray entry....

To clarify, I'm not pregnant.  After reading my comment about Rachel Zoe and her hairspray habits while 'with child,' I realized it might have been misleading.  No lil' Sammons cooking in this oven yet!

Also, as a side note, my sweet hippie cousin in Portland (that's right, Molly; I called you a hippie.  Love you!) wrote me an email about the dangers of hairspray and other chemicals when used by expectant mothers.  While I have plenty of friends and family who haven't changed their beauty routines and have had healthy kids, Molly is right that I should at least point out that it might not work for everyone.  Here are some links to check out on the topic.  Just to be frank, however, I probably won't be one of those people who chills out on the hairspray and perfume when I'm a mommy-to-be.  I'm just too vain.  But hey, you never know!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1088255/Pregnant-women-exposed-hairspray-double-chances-genital-defect-boys.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Health/story?id=6309940&page=1

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Meredith! When it's time you'll be a great mom - and you'll find your own way to be the best mom you can be as we've all had to do on our own mothering path. Love you too... your HIPpie cousin, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a very related side note I have a very important beauty question! I need to change the concealer I'm using to tackle the lovely genetic dark circles that seem determined to hang out under my eyes. I have very thin, translucent skin and the concealers I've tried just aren't hacking it. I still look tired even when I'm not. Got any suggestions?! (And don't worry about the chemical content; I can deal with that after I've gotten some direction). Thanks cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete